- Classes begin in fall (around Labor Day)
- Classes end in May (before Memorial Day).
- Follow most of the Wake County Public Schools’ traditional school calendar pertaining to teacher work days and holidays.
Staff Qualifications and Student Ratio
- Experienced/qualified Co-Teaching Team per class
- 2-year-old classes up to 12 students each (6:1 student/teacher ratio)
- All other classes 12-14 students each (6-7:1 student/teacher ratio)
RLP provides a balance of academic and social opportunities by means of our ‘learning through play’ philosophy. A developmentally age-appropriate curriculum is provided, integrating Jesus’ teachings within the daily schedule. Hands-on, child-centered, experiences are offered in an enjoyable learning environment. Activities are planned to offer a blend of active and passive segments, allowing a child to grow cognitively, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
These components are included within the context of each unit being explored.
Specials and Enrichment Opportunities
Chapel: One morning a week, the children are taken into the Church sanctuary for a brief chapel time. They will sing songs and hear Bible-related stories. This is wonderful exposure to God’s word in a warm, interactive, developmentally appropriate atmosphere. Our younger classes begin attending later in the year.
Music: Weekly for all students.
Science: Weekly for 4-year-olds and Transitional-Kindergarten students.
Carpool Drop-off and Pick-up: Offered for 3-year-olds to Transitional-Kindergarten students.
Water Day, Dad’s Day, Mom’s Day: A few of the special events offered during the year.
Pre-K Letterland: Used in all classrooms.
After School Classes: Kidokinetics and Spanish classes are available after preschool hours for 3-year-olds and older. Six to eight week sessions are offered several times during the year.
When disciplining a child, praise, positive reinforcement, and redirection will be used in a loving manner.